Saturday, February 27, 2010

February Fun Times

Again, it's actually April at the time I'm typing this, but I like to keep my posts listed under their proper months.

------------------------------------------

Wednesday, February 3:
After my morning class, I headed over to the Queer Student Union (which I didn't really know existed before) to check out their open house thing. I had seen a flyer hanging in a hallway, and I thought it would be a good place to finally start making more friends. The open house consisted of a gathering of a fairly small group of people, and we all introduced ourselves. We then went over the calendar of scheduled activities for this semester at the QSU. So this pretty much marked the beginning of my social life at Hunter College. Good stuff.

Wednesday, February 10:
This was the first Snow Day of the semester. I cannot explain how happy this day made me (especially since it would mean I would not have to go to school for 6 six days, what with my having Thursdays off, and that following Friday and next Monday being scheduled holidays at Hunter). Although, it would have been nice if Hunter had posted the news that class was cancelled before I went to the school, only to discover that the place was deserted. Anyways, the snow was beautiful, covering the city and the parks in a white blanket. After I got some more sleep, Mom and went out to Riverside Park to enjoy the snow. We built a snowman by the 91st street garden. I don't know how long it had been since I made a snowman, or even played in the snow. Well, actually, it was probably about 11 years.

Thursday, February 11:
I went to the Valentines Party at the QSU! I had some fun conversation, ate some pizza, met a bunch of new friends, and danced the night away. Lady Gaga is always the music highlight. I think I can get used to this party thing. As long as it doesn't get too insane, haha. But I think these people have just the right amount of crazy. I like them!

Friday, February 26:
Snow Day number 2! Hell yeah. Mom and I went out to Riverside again to enjoy the snow. We made some snowballs and generally just strolled about leisurely, taking in all the gorgeous whiteness that surrounded us. I took lots of pictures this times. Pretty!



I took videos too!




Saturday, February 27:
I'm pretty sure it was on this day, but I'm not 100% positive. My parents took me to see a play on Broadway called Present Laughter, written by the great Noel Coward. It starred Victor Garber in the lead role, who has starred in many film, TV, and stage roles. I'll paste the basic plot summary from Wikipedia.org so I don't have to come up with my own:
  • "The plot follows a few days in the life of the successful and self-obsessed actor Garry Essendine as he prepares to travel for a touring commitment in Africa. Amid a series of events bordering on farce, Garry has to deal with women who want to seduce him, placate both his long-suffering secretary and his estranged wife, cope with a crazed young playwright, and overcome his fear of his own approaching fortieth birthday and, by implication, his impending mid-life crisis. The story was described by Coward as 'a series of semi-autobiographical pyrotechnics'."
Basically, the play was hilarious. All the actors were fantastic. We loved it! What more can I say? We were sitting in the very back row but it wasn't bad at all since the theater was smaller.

Okay, I guess that's pretty much it for February!

1 comment:

  1. What fun in the snow! Your new adventures are great. There was a pile of snow around those cars. At least you got one good snowfall.

    ReplyDelete