Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving Weekend (11/26-11/28)

The Thanksgiving holiday was a much-needed break. I spent Thanksgiving day with my family, which currently, of course, means my Mother and Father. We had our dinner at the Richards, a very nice family my parents know from church, plus a couple other lovely folks. I admit I was a little reluctant about having Thanksgiving dinner with people who to me are just acquaintances, but it turned out really enjoyable because they are a very warm bunch of people. After dinner, we watched a bit of the hilarious movie Galaxy Quest. Mom, Dad, and I sadly had to leave that party early though and we reunited with some extended family of ours--a couple of second cousins whom I have not seen in probably a decade. It was so great to see them again and reconnect. We took a stroll in Riverside Park and then escaped the evening chill in our apartment to eat pie and chat. Talk. Discuss. Converse.

Okay, so the rest of the weekend was pretty fun too. The parentals dragged me out to Tarrytown again, but this time we stayed over Friday night at the Tarrytown House hotel thingy. It was a pretty snazzy joint. Friday we visited a couple historical sites of the Hudson River Valley: Van Cortlandt Manor and Washington Irving's Sunnyside cottage. I got some pictures as you'll see below, but they're really not very exciting. Ah, well. We also checked out all the beautiful but somewhat creepy graves at Sleepy Hollow Cemetary. On Saturday, we took a very brief tour of Philipsburg Manor before we had to return our rental car and return to New York City! Which is where I live. Which is awesome. Can you tell I feel like being brief? It's very late at night right now and I'm tired.




PS: I love Adam Lambert and his album For Your Entertainment, which came out November 23. I've been listening to it non-stop. Highly entertaining. You should buy it. You know, a little holiday treat for yourself. Allison Iraheta's album Just Like You also rocks. Grab that one too. That's my plug for the night.

1 comment:

  1. I always love your pictures! I also love Galaxy Quest. Amazing. I just bought Adam's album last night, and I must say...it is AMAZING! He has the talent that most people dream of. He will have a long, amazing career!

    ReplyDelete