Saturday, June 19, 2010

One Year Anniversary! And Some Updates

Hello, my dear readers! (Who am I kidding? How many of you are there, like three tops?) It is now June 2010, which marks the one year anniversary since I started this blog, which means it also marks the one year anniversary since I moved to New York City! Wow. I cannot believe I've lived here for a whole year. The time has gone by so fast. In "celebration" of one year of my blog, I've changed the layout (as you might have noticed) using Blogger's new designing tools! Isn't it lovely? Thank goodness they updated those template options, because the old ones were so boring. My new cityscape background gives it a nice New York-y theme, don't you think?

The past few months have been busy and somewhat distressing because of school stuff, so I didn't get around to write about more April and May stuff until just last night. But I placed the entries neatly under their proper dates to keep everything in order. That's the way I like to do things. So be sure to catch up on the entries for May 31, May 8, and April 11! Oh, and if you haven't watched those few Vlogs I recorded, do that too. I had previously thought I'd be doing more videos, but to make a long story short, I've just been having too much trouble working out the technical stuff. Plus, I think text entries are easier for me (or my three readers) to refer to than video ones--like if I happen to be looking for the record of such-and-such event, it's easier to just look for it in text rather than watching a video. So, I think I best stick to mostly text. And photos, of course! Pretty pictures are always a good thing.

Anyways, I survived my second semester of college at Hunter, but only barely. I've now started two classes in the summer session, either because I'm freaking insane or because my mother basically ordered me to. I'm taking two Gen Ed courses, Literature and US History, but they're okay so far. In my free time, I've been watching anime and movies that I check out from the public library, which serves as a nice expense-free substitute for Blockbuster. On the weekends, I've also spent mucho time video chatting with Nick on Skype. That's been fun!

The upcoming week has some excitement in store. I've got my ticket for Adam Lambert's GlamNation Tour concert on Tuesday, June 22! I've been looking forward to this for months, so that's been keeping me going. The YouTube videos I've seen of his show are glamtastic! For me, this man is the greatest thing since sliced bread. He is the incredibly talented and sparkly gay performing artist that I've been needing all my life. It's important for us gays to have our icons. I'm so excited about his official concert tour! Oh, and coincidentally enough, this upcoming week is also Gay Pride Week here in New York! So I'll tell you all about that stuff maybe next week or sometime after! In the meantime, enjoy Adam's music video for his latest single "If I Had You":

2 comments:

  1. Just got to your sight and can't believe how beautiful it is. You're sure getting good at all the visual stuff Sean! Now I'm going to read it. I'll get back with you soon. Have to go to bed and do homework tomorrow morning. Love and Miss you...A.D. P.S. You have to come to visit. Our backyard is kittyland. Everyone has a cat but us. Unless you love cats, you won't appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete