Friday, September 11, 2009

The Missed Adventures (Part 3)

Looks like I have some catching up to do with my blog here. It's been a while since I updated, and school has started since then, so I guess I should have a lot to say about that. I'll get to it, but first of all, let me just complete the Missed Adventures series. On another rainy evening (I believe it was a Friday) while my parents were out of town in July/August, I decided to check out the art museum again. This time I had fun taking photos of the Greek and Roman sculpture section. Gotta love those muscular male figures. I was also very excited to explore the Asian art wing, but I didn't get many good photos because the lighting was just too dim and my camera sucks that way. It was so beautiful though. There were lots of Chinese and Japanese paintings with that simplistic, Daoist aesthetic that I love, and all sorts of fascinating Buddha and Bodhisatva statues of the ancient Far East. And I absolutely love the feeling of Zen within the Chinese Garden Court. You'll see a peek of that part towards the end of the slideshow.



I'll have more on my recent happenings soon! Not that college is all that exciting to talk about anyway. Or is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment