This weekend has been phenomenal, but first thing's first. I'm going back almost a month here: I started going to school at Hunter College of CUNY on August 28. I was kind of nervous and unhappy as I usually am at the beginning of a new school year. It was especially intimidating since I wasn't just starting at a new school, I'm starting at a new school in a new city! Well, my classes turned out not to be as scary as I feared. I do have a rather weird schedule though. Here's what it looks like:
Monday
7:00 PM-8:15 PM > Introduction to Cinema (Lecture)
Tuesday
12:45 PM-2:00 PM > (History of) East Asia to 1600
2:10 PM-3:25 PM > Japanese Culture I
3:45 PM-5:00 PM > Basic Structures of Math
8:25 PM-9:40 PM > Media in the Digital Age (Lecture)
Wednesday
5:50 PM-6:40 PM > Introduction to Cinema (Discussion)
7:00 PM-8:15 PM > Introduction to Cinema (Lecture)
8:25 PM-9:40 PM > Media in the Digital Age (Lab)
Thursday
Off!
Friday
12:45 PM-2:00 PM > (History of) East Asia to 1600
2:10 PM-3:25 PM > Japanese Culture I
3:45 PM-5:00 PM > Basic Structures of Math
The benefit is that I never have to wake up earlier than 9:45 AM. How awesome is that? As for the classes themselves, I'm learning some cool stuff and most of my teachers are pretty great. I'm especially loving my Film class, of course. It's so much fun learning about movies. If you're wondering about the freakishly easy math class, I'm taking that because I have to--Hunter doesn't count College Algebra (which I took at Pima) for the general education requirement. Overall, my classes are quite interesting though. I'm actually not going to say anything else about my classes, because this is technically a public blog, and if I publish anything even remotely negative and it gets out, I could be hunted down by the Hunter mafia (no pun intended) or something. I don't know. Just e-mail me if you want to know any more about my classes.
I will say this about my college experience so far: I started out on top of my school work, but now I feel like I can't keep up because of my time management and motivation issues. I'm still fighting the same demons after all these years of dealing with homework overload. And... I'm going to stop there because I don't want this to become another self-loathing emo blog like my LiveJournal was.
Okay, now for non-school stuff. On Saturday of Labor Day weekend my parents gave me a rude awakening (literally) only to drag me downtown so we could go on one of those Circle Line boat tours around Manhattan island. On a different day, I might have been happy to go, but for some reason this was a bad day for me. I was grumpy most of the time. However, I still managed to get some great photos, as you'll see below. The first few are actually the New Jersey skyline, but you'll also get to see a few icons of New York City. I would actually highly recommend the boat tour if you're a tourist (duh). It's pretty cool. Well, enjoy the photos!
Next up on "New York State of Mind," you'll hear all about the fun I had this weekend at the New York Anime Festival 2009--my very first nerd convention! Stay tuned.


No comments:
Post a Comment