Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween Leaves

Halloween has not been a fun holiday for me ever since the year I stopped trick-or-treating. But this one wasn't too bad. The parentals took me out to lunch at our little O-bento Japanese restaurant on 94th between Broadway and Amsterdam. Dad and I love that place. Yum-o! as Rachel Ray would say. After that, we went to Blockbuster because I wanted to get the movie Hocus Pocus to watch later! Hocus Pocus is my (only) Halloween tradition since forever. I was obsessed with that movie as a little kid. Bette Midler, as Winifred, was basically my idol, haha. You see? I've always been gay. Anyways, we lucked out and bought the last copy of Hocus Pocus from Blockbuster.

Then we walked to Central Park because I wanted to see all the pretty colors of the fall leaves and take photos. Dad headed back to the apartment early because he wasn't feeling very well, but Mom and I stuck around for the afternoon and had fun taking pictures of fall scenery and such. All the different colors of leaves were gorgeous. Mom insisted we go to her favorite part of the park, the Conservatory Garden, where recently-planted chrysanthemums were overflowing onto the pathway surrounding the fountain. Beautiful! Mom and I also managed to collect some pretty fall leaves, although they don't look so pretty now that they're all dried up. Sad face. Anyways, once again, it started to rain a little bit after a while so we walked hurriedly back home. Here's the photographic results of my stroll.




Our apartment building held a little Halloween party in the lobby in the evening--festive Halloween decor and all--so Mom and I popped in there and grabbed some free food. We didn't hang around though. Sickly ol' Dad was lonely up in the apartment. We watched the movie The Proposal, which was a pretty funny, entertaining romantic comedy but pretty damn conventional as well. Then we watched Hocus Pocus, of course! Good times. Meanwhile, we got just a handful of trick-or-treaters at our door. It's been so long since we've actually had the whole trick-or-treaters thing, since back in Tucson we got none in our boring neighborhood. So yeah. After Hocus Pocus... well, I guess that was pretty much it! Happy Halloween? Kind of. Yeah.

1 comment:

  1. There are so many beautiful flowers in the park. I'm jealous. You get to see them and enjoy them, but you don't have to go out and weed or rake leaves like I do. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete